Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 499264 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #5670 on: November 15, 2020, 04:25:52 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5671 on: November 16, 2020, 09:43:50 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5672 on: November 20, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »
I don't particularly care what famous people think about politics, but this is very well said.

Edward Norton: I’m no political pundit but I grew up w a dad who was a federal prosecutor & he taught me a lot & I’ve also sat a fair amount of poker w serious players & l’ll say this: I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’ or that ‘chaos is what he loves’. The core of it is that he knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy & this defines his every action. We’re seeing 1) a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression 2) above all, a desperate endgame which is to create enough chaos & anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, & fear of irreparable damage to the system, that he can cut a Nixon-style deal in exchange for finally conceding. But he doesn’t have the cards. His bluff after ‘the flop’ has been called in court.  His ‘turn card’ bluff will be an escalation & his ‘River card’ bluff could be really ugly. But they have to be called. We cannot let this mobster bully the USA into a deal to save his derriere by threatening our democracy. THAT is his play. But he’s got junk in his hand. So call him. I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying. But his contemptible, treasonous, seditious assault on the stability of our political compact isn’t about 2024, personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos & threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit. Call. His. Bluff. Faith in the strength of our sacred institutions & founding principles is severely stretched...but they will hold. They will. He’s leaving, gracelessly & in infamy. But if we trade for it, give him some brokered settlement, we’ll be vulnerable to his return. We can’t flinch.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:00:24 AM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5673 on: November 20, 2020, 07:25:18 PM »
He claimed that Pfizer and Moderna both delayed their vaccines until after the election to hurt him. Imagine being so narcissistic and paranoid as to believe that multiple global pharmaceutical companies would risk not being the first to announce that they'd created the cure for the greatest medical threat to society in living memory just so they could ruin your chances of keeping your job.

If it wasn't clear before, guys, he's mentally ill. It's not too late to go full 25th. It would be a fitting epitaph.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5674 on: November 20, 2020, 10:09:03 PM »

If it wasn't clear before, guys, he's mentally ill. It's not too late to go full 25th. It would be a fitting epitaph.

Risky precedent considering who's on deck

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5675 on: November 21, 2020, 08:38:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/1330299411621179392?s=21

I mean of course places like Politico and CNN would want this
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5676 on: November 22, 2020, 08:34:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/1330299411621179392?s=21

I mean of course places like Politico and CNN would want this
I do too if he blocks a Republican with a functioning brain from getting the nom.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5677 on: November 22, 2020, 08:51:28 AM »
I do too if he blocks a Republican with a functioning brain from getting the nom.

Wasn't that the rationalization for his first nom?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5678 on: November 22, 2020, 02:06:34 PM »
Wasn't that the rationalization for his first nom?
I humbly suggest the world would be a worse place after 4 years of Cruz.

Also the Clinton campaign's rationalization was that he would be easier to beat in the general, lol.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5679 on: November 22, 2020, 02:11:04 PM »
I humbly suggest the world would be a worse place after 4 years of Cruz.

Toss up but Cruz wasn't backed by the same militant racists. He also wasn't competent and lacks a functioning brain.

Also the Clinton campaign's rationalization was that he would be easier to beat in the general, lol.

Cruz?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5680 on: November 22, 2020, 02:18:19 PM »

Cruz?

Trump, the Clinton campaign intentionally boosted his profile

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5681 on: November 22, 2020, 02:25:52 PM »
Cruz would have been a better president than Trump.  Awful, but better.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5682 on: November 22, 2020, 02:36:34 PM »

Trump, the Clinton campaign intentionally boosted his profile

Then that part seems to agree with me that being dismissive of him is not the best attitude.

His politics would have been awful and he would have probably had a better working relationship with McConnell without the outrage of Trump's disregard for procedural norms. However, he was never a serious option.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:38:27 PM by CatoTheElder »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5683 on: November 22, 2020, 02:44:51 PM »
Cruz would have done some serious damage, but I need to see this wave of nationalist zealotry break before measuring Donald's impact.  All these schmucks will probably lose interest in politics once the next Fast & Furious movie comes out, but it could go the other way.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5684 on: November 22, 2020, 03:00:48 PM »
No.