Author Topic: Trumpster fire  (Read 499332 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Trumpster fire
« Reply #4230 on: December 19, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »
I *kind of* get the "I only care about judges and taxes and the rest of this doesn't affect me personally" angle some conservatives have but pretending that this guy is a good or even functional human being is laughable.

Do you think the Dems would have impeached a President Kasich? President Rubio? Your standard lib is unfortunately concerned with civility over ideology, and they'd probably accept most of what the current administration has done if they had a less obnoxious face on.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4231 on: December 19, 2019, 06:13:37 AM »
I *kind of* get the "I only care about judges and taxes and the rest of this doesn't affect me personally" angle some conservatives have but pretending that this guy is a good or even functional human being is laughable.

Do you think the Dems would have impeached a President Kasich? President Rubio? Your standard lib is unfortunately concerned with civility over ideology, and they'd probably accept most of what the current administration has done if they had a less obnoxious face on.

You mean like when the dems tried to impeach Bush and basically called him a terrorist war mongerer who only cared about oil money for 8 years?

I don't disagree that Trump is a genuine piece of excrement on a human level, and has legitimate severe mental health problems. But Pelosi and Chuck spent 8 years foaming out the mouth about Bush who was by all accounts a decent human being (just like Obama and Clinton were, and the Republicans were very much scummy with Clinton as well)

So it's understandable supporters who don't care that Trumps a bad person to think that the same people who treated Bush like scum for 8 years are doing the same to Trump.

Bush was one of the most unfairly treated presidents in my short lifetime. Honestly I think the way that Bush was treated played a pivotal role in turning politics into the violent hateful circus it is today

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4232 on: December 19, 2019, 06:17:35 AM »
You mean like when the dems tried to impeach Bush and basically called him a terrorist war mongerer who only cared about oil money for 8 years?

I don't disagree that Trump is a genuine piece of excrement on a human level, and has legitimate severe mental health problems. But Pelosi and Chuck spent 8 years foaming out the mouth about Bush who was by all accounts a decent human being (just like Obama and Clinton were, and the Republicans were very much scummy with Clinton as well)

So it's understandable supporters who don't care that Trumps a bad person to think that the same people who treated Bush like scum for 8 years are doing the same to Trump.

Bush was one of the most unfairly treated presidents in my short lifetime. Honestly I think the way that Bush was treated played a pivotal role in turning politics into the violent hateful circus it is today
Did we ever find those WMDs?

Or are we forgiving him because he's a stupid guy, but a nice stupid guy?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4233 on: December 19, 2019, 06:22:24 AM »
Did we ever find those WMDs?

Or are we forgiving him because he's a stupid guy, but a nice stupid guy?

You mean the war that Joe biden Chuck Schumer Hillary Clinton as well as countless other democrats also voted for? Or is only Bush stupid for supporting it? Or the fact that Bush got the majority of the international community to join with the United States making it an international endeavor?

If someone wants to blame Bush for the Iraq war that's fine with me as long as they point the crosshairs at every other person who voted to authorize it as well.

It must be real easy to vote for something, then to criticize someone else for it because it became popular to do so.

Regardless Bush derangement syndrome is certainly a huge factor why you people have to deal with a mentally unstable Trump for at least 4 years.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:25:54 AM by dcm1602 »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4234 on: December 19, 2019, 06:29:41 AM »
Right, voting for something you were lied about to is clearly an equal to lying to everyone about the thing.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4235 on: December 19, 2019, 06:35:57 AM »
Right, voting for something you were lied about to is clearly an equal to lying to everyone about the thing.

So Bush was the one who gathered and presented the information?

Or did they just trust him at his word?

Or are they just freaking idiots who did the popular thing at the time (vote for war) then did the popular thing at the time (oppose it)

Regardless the end result is 4 years of Trump, so enjoy!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4236 on: December 19, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »

Do you think the Dems would have impeached a President Kasich? President Rubio? 

Please.

Every Republican President is literally the 2nd coming of Hitler. I'm sorry that rather than elect a Republican who is all too conciliatory and willing to take it up the derriere both from establishment Democrats and their lemmings in the media (Kasich being a prime example of this type), WE, actual citizens in this country who's vote and voice means just as much as any other decided to elect an actual leader who would effectuate their stated policy positions and goals and throw the contempt of those elitists who hate us right back in their freaking faces.

You had your chance for that kind of feckless weakling Republican in the oval office, his name was Mitt Romney. You guys accused him of being an out of touch racist who orchestrated the death of a woman when Bain Capital closed down the plant her husband was working at, remember? And thank God you did! What a bullet dodged.

Impeachment has now been reduced from a very serious, historic and grave step to, "we didn't get our way in a national election and this guy hurts our fee fees so as soon as we get a majority in the House we're going to act like petulant children." Well, I'm now at the point where IDGAF if the next Democrat who gets elected to the Presidency does something as benign as omit that they once had an illegal working as their maid, IMPEACH. Thanks for setting the precedent, just like when Harry Reid invoked the nuclear option to end the filibuster I'm sure this won't come back to bite the Dems right in their short-sighted asses. 

Your standard lib is unfortunately concerned with civility over ideology, and they'd probably accept most of what the current administration has done if they had a less obnoxious face on.

Quoted for a lack of awareness that is so unbelievable, it's startling. Your "standard lib" is taking to the streets with a vagina knitted on their head to protest freely held elections while simultaneously yelling YASSS SLAY QUEEN as Maxine Waters and her ilk goad them into getting into people's faces.

Actually, strike that. I don't even know what your standard lib is anymore. Classical liberals have been completely ostracized and supplanted by a bunch of regressive leftist hardliners. 

Just a reflection of the mockery in the White House.

That "mockery"is going to skate to re-election on the back of a robust economy and I for one can't wait for the veritable salt-mine that is going to be blue check twitter and the mainstream media. Lets see how long RBG can hold on in his second term or if they have to prop her corpse up to make appearances at oral argument weekend at bernie's style.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:46:54 AM by mj2sexay »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4237 on: December 19, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »

Oh, so in other words our intelligence communities are completely capable of lying if it suits their purpose.

Hm. Pretty sure the FISA court said something very similar this week regarding how warrants were obtained to spy on a political campaign.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #4238 on: December 19, 2019, 11:05:25 AM »
Oh, so in other words our intelligence communities are completely capable of lying if it suits their purpose.

Hm. Pretty sure the FISA court said something very similar this week regarding how warrants were obtained to spy on a political campaign.

You like how they slapped Trump into the Shake Rattle n Roll neckbreaker yesterday?  #HonkyTonkMan
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4239 on: December 19, 2019, 11:53:48 AM »
Here's my perspective on the whole thing.

It was a mistake for House Dems to impeach Trump this week. At least in terms of the way it was done.

He's arguably the most impeachable president since Jackson--including Nixon. However, hinging it on a single phone call and the resulting fallout was a mistake.

I won't agree with mj2s on much of anything he's said in this thread other than impeachment is a grave and serious thing and should never be taken lightly (including impeaching someone over lying about getting head).

I've said before, Congress should have moved forward with censure. Sure, it's merely symbolic, but it would be the "black mark" they could point to the next time he does something ridiculous and illegal. Then you can start with the "enough is enough" arguments.

But the Democrats had that opportunity when all the news broke about kids in cages and they cowardly let that die.

Now they're handing over a legitimate investigation to a group led by someone who has blatantly admitted he has no need to review the evidence and will coordinate proceedings with the defense.

The Dems have wasted the better part of a year where they should have been publicizing the multiple major bills Sen. McConnell has been holding up votes on. Instead, they've all but ensured that all the psychopaths and racists will get off their asses next November to give us 4 more years of the same.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4240 on: December 19, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
Here's my perspective on the whole thing.
He's arguably the most impeachable president since Jackson--including Nixon.

Based. On. What.

The Dems have wasted the better part of a year where they should have been publicizing the multiple major bills Sen. McConnell has been holding up votes on.

Another precedent set by Harry Reid when Dems had a senate majority. Turnabout is definitely fair play.

Instead, they've all but ensured that all the psychopaths and racists will get off their asses next November to give us 4 more years of the same.

freak this nonsense. Sorry, but people disagreeing with your outlook and who they want for President aren't "psychopaths and racists" and labeling them as such has gotten you nowhere.

Trump's the President. By virtue of his office, he's very much open to criticism, however off-base it is. I'm not ignorant or stupid enough to forget the fact that Obama's been called a closet muslim, ridiculous/conspiratorial nonsense directed at the sitting President comes with the territory.

But this extension of that onto his supporters is divisive and wholly unnecessary.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:06:09 PM by mj2sexay »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #4241 on: December 19, 2019, 12:22:42 PM »
Based. On. What.

Another precedent set by Harry Reid when Dems had a senate majority. Turnabout is definitely fair play.

freak this nonsense. Sorry, but people disagreeing with your outlook and who they want for President aren't "psychopaths and racists" and labeling them as such has gotten you nowhere.

Trump's the President. By virtue of his office, he's very much open to criticism, however off-base it is. I'm not ignorant or stupid enough to forget the fact that Obama's been called a closet muslim, ridiculous/conspiratorial nonsense directed at the sitting President comes with the territory.

But this extension of that onto his supporters is divisive and wholly unnecessary.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I could do it all day, but I don't want to.

Why are you assuming I'm lumping you in with psychopaths and racists who will show up at the polls? Are you considering yourself in the same group with them? I don't consider myself part of the so-called "radical left."

Trump is president by virtue of an outdated electoral system combined with calculated redistricting and systemic voter disenfranchisement and will likely remain so for the same reasons.

The divisiveness in this country is largely a product of Fox News and everything Sinclair owns being quite willing to lie to its viewership, knowing they'll treat it as factual even when physical evidence disputes them. I've moved on from arguing about issues with the right because if someone is going to repeatedly tell me the sky is the same shade of green as a dollar bill, nothing I say is going to change their mind.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4242 on: December 19, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »
It's a shame politics have become so polarized. It's hard to have a political career and disagree with your own side once in a while.  It didn't get this way overnight, but it's still bad.  You're either all in or kicked off the freaking boat.

If you're a voter in the middle on most things, you have no viable option.  You can only alternate extremes with your votes just to keep the rollercoaster on the tracks.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4243 on: December 19, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »
I'm not trying to argue with you. I could do it all day, but I don't want to.

Why are you assuming I'm lumping you in with psychopaths and racists who will show up at the polls? Are you considering yourself in the same group with them? I don't consider myself part of the so-called "radical left."

You're submitting that psychotic behavior and racism is a hallmark or characteristic of one side as opposed to being a bi-partisan characteristic. A statement like that is not only flagrantly false, but begging for the argument that neither of us want.

Trump is president by virtue of an outdated electoral system combined with calculated redistricting and systemic voter disenfranchisement and will likely remain so for the same reasons.

That "outdated system" is operating exactly as intended, especially if you look at any map in terms of which way the country voted demographically.

The divisiveness in this country is largely a product of Fox News and everything Sinclair owns being quite willing to lie to its viewership, knowing they'll treat it as factual even when physical evidence disputes them.

As opposed to WaPo, the New York Times, Politico, any of the 4 news networks that continually peddle bullshit and flat out falsehoods, any of the current or previous politicians who have castigated conservatives as heartless racists. It's all Fox and Sinclair's fault!

It's a shame politics have become so polarized. It's hard to have a political career and disagree with your own side once in a while.  It didn't get this way overnight, but it's still bad.  You're either all in or kicked off the freaking boat.

If you're a voter in the middle on most things, you have no viable option.  You can only alternate extremes with your votes just to keep the rollercoaster on the tracks.

Or they could do what I did in 2012 and vote third party. Given how many are tuning out of either political party and the access to alternative candidates provided by the internet, I sincerely believe the day is coming where a third party candidate will garner enough of the vote again to be provided a platform at the debates.

Given what a threat that is to the established order of things, I also wholeheartedly believe that said candidate will be lied about or ignored by each respective partisan newsgroup at every turn.

After all, Jill Stein is a russian asset and Gary Johnson doesn't know what Aleppo is.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4244 on: December 19, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »
I'm just saying there isn't a viable "other" option. Viable.  Won't stop me from voting for him or her.  I just know it's a waste for now.