Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  (Read 4405 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 02:12:12 PM »
Same here.

I thought the first one was great, but I watched it with limited expectations.

I honestly think volume 2 raised the bar, but I will have to watch volume 1 again.

1 had the advantage of full team-building, whereas 2 only had a limited bit of that. 1 also had a much clearer villain. 2's wasn't apparent until late in the movie. I still think 2 was well executed and did well playing off what was established in 1.

And baby Groot is the excrement!

"I am Groot."
"I am Groot."
"I am Groot?"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
Our daughter is in a stage where she waves all the time. The opening with baby groot waving during the battle had me and the wife dying.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »
Saw this today finally. I'll echo the sentiments of many, liked the movie but it didn't quite have the magic of the first one. A great opening 30 minutes, a great closing 30 minutes and the middle of the movie dragged, suffering from an overall lack of action and comedy as it tried to be too serious IMO.

I don't get the golden people's issues, and I have no idea what the bad guys plan was. Let some blue goo overrun every planet in the galaxy/universe? What does that accomplish?

Also does that post-credits scene indicate next time we get a teenage groot?

Still though some hilarious moments "Draz do you have any tape?" I was rolling. Also the number of tries it took Baby Groot to get the fin for Yando was hilarious.

Here's hoping the series (and the Zune) keep on going strong.

Also I hope we never see Mantis again, I mostly disliked her character and I also thought the entire story arc of Nevular/Gamora was odd. If that never gets a serious payoff in the Thanos battle to come, it will have been a lot of wasted airtime.
Need a new one for a new board...

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 05:55:17 AM »
The golden people hired them to get the batteries.  After taking their pay, Rocket stole the batteries.

The goo was daddy trying to recreate the universe to his own liking.  Starting from scratch.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 06:09:46 AM »
The golden people hired them to get the batteries.  After taking their pay, Rocket stole the batteries.

The goo was daddy trying to recreate the universe to his own liking.  Starting from scratch.

Yeah I got the battery thing. I just thought they were a weak people with a stupid mindset (outside the battery theft) that was trying to distract from the actual villain of the movie.

Why did he call it the expansion then? He wasn't expanding anything, just tearing it down from what I can tell. I thought Kurt Russell played his role quite well.
Need a new one for a new board...

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 07:30:37 AM »
Yeah I got the battery thing. I just thought they were a weak people with a stupid mindset (outside the battery theft) that was trying to distract from the actual villain of the movie.

Why did he call it the expansion then? He wasn't expanding anything, just tearing it down from what I can tell. I thought Kurt Russell played his role quite well.
He spent millennia planting his seeds.  His true purpose was for the universe to be Him.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 12:47:07 PM »
ya dude, if you didnt understand why ego was doing what he was doing, you should either go watch the movie again or hit yourself in the head with a tack hammer

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 07:19:07 AM »
Motivated by the news that Disney is pulling out of their Netflix deal I deicided to pirate this last night.

I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL

Tags: