Author Topic: 2017 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion  (Read 44889 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: 2017 NFL Draft Prospect Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
I don't know if we're bad enough to land Mitch Trubisky, but he's #1 on my list for this team right now. 

I would be really happy with this, alone for the fact that I think drafting as many good QB prospects as possible is worth it even it fails as long as you continue to try and get that QB and don't meander too long on trying to make a QB work. Maybe it's a little Sixer-ish, but it works better in football because of how important the QB has become.

I guess I'm just sick of teams getting franchise QBs why we always have false hope and spare parts. Might as well fail until we get it right without making Browns like bad decisions.

I really like Trubisky too but part of me thinks it might be too early. What's the precedent for 1 year starters getting drafted and then playing well? I don't know the answer to that.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2016, 03:34:47 PM »

I really like Trubisky too but part of me thinks it might be too early. What's the precedent for 1 year starters getting drafted and then playing well? I don't know the answer to that.

I'm sure it's not great, but most QB success rates are gonna look pretty shitty unless you add a ton of qualifiers.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »
Trade back, draft all the offensive linemen ever.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »

wasn't sanchez a 1 year starter at USC before being drafted

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 12:37:42 AM »
wasn't sanchez a 1 year starter at USC before being drafted

Yes
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 06:46:47 AM »
Cam Newton only had one year of starting experience in college as well. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »
I knew Cam was, but I didn't include him because he's an outlier due to being the most physically gifted QB prospect we've ever seen.

If we're in a position to get Trubisky I say do it, but with tempered expectations. From what I've seen I really like his accuracy, but I haven't watched enough of him to comment on much else. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
I don't have him over Zeke.  Zeke is one of the best RB prospects of all time. 

I do have him over Leonard Fournette though.

I have him over Zeke but barely . I think Zeke might be more complete by proxy of size alone. I think Cook is the most dynamic though .

He's supposedly up to 215 now , but no telling if he will show up to the combine and carry that weight through a season

You know I wanted him bad last year , I just want a bona-fide playmaker for once.  Cook is exactly that.  He won't be afforded the luxury of the DAL OL though lol.

Cook and Zeke over Fournette for sure .

McCaffery needs to be utilized a la Westbrook in limiting his total carries yet utilizing him in the passing game . He's still a stud though.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 09:42:36 AM »
I knew Cam was, but I didn't include him because he's an outlier due to being the most physically gifted QB prospect we've ever seen.

If we're in a position to get Trubisky I say do it, but with tempered expectations. From what I've seen I really like his accuracy, but I haven't watched enough of him to comment on much else.

His arm is strong . He used to just hit guys in stride on short to intrrmilediate , but now as more experience gets under his belt, he's proving he's got the arm to make every possible throw.

There was a game where he hits a WR on a corner route in the back of an end zone.  The DB turned his head in time but he got the ball there so fast where only the WR could get it there was nothing he could've done  he drove it 25 or 30 in the air with just enough air , and still a high velocity throw

Granted he is a Lil late to sense pressure at times , but he's a first year starter.  He's not awe inspiring , but he's as solid as solid gets with a good arm and vision. Most of his negatives are things that usually fix with more experience
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:44:47 AM by Coach K »

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »
Point in case , Hackenberg n petty are not reason enough to scoff at Trubisky if he's on the board

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 11:54:28 AM »
Trubisky is such a bust name though

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 12:30:25 PM »
Trubisky is such a bust name though
Trubustsky

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 01:38:22 PM »
Trubustsky

freak IT! He already has the nickname, he's DOOMED!
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
I'm still anti-running back in the 1st round, but this is one hell of a running back class. I want Adoree.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
I'm still anti-running back in the 1st round, but this is one hell of a running back class. I want Adoree.

I want to see what we get for Sheldon in a trade

I want Adoree too but Dalvin Cook would be fun.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: