Author Topic: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity  (Read 26708 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: The Official Hackenberg Cult of Christianity
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2017, 08:52:42 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »
It actually sounds like Hack had a pretty good practice:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/6/13/15796926/christian-hackenberg-shines-on-first-day-of-jets-minicamp

BUT HE HIT A MAN STANDING ON THE SIDELINES HE IS CLEARLY A COMPLETE BUST
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »
honestly this is all good for the jets, with how our fortune usually runs, bad press in the offseason = amazing regular season for the player involved

let's go hack

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 09:19:47 PM »
This excrement really is stupid.

He's throwing passes to a some bum derriere 5'7 practice dummy that can't run a route to save his life.  We had a ton of tryout players there today.  Hack may have never thrown a pass to that dude in his life and people are up in arms about.  Whining that he missed a warmup throw in a drill is pointless. 

You can't display consistent accuracy throwing passes to new receivers on the first day of padless practice. 

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:21:26 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
That is honestly one of the worst routes I've ever seen and I've coached some pretty terrible players.

You can even hear the coach tell him to get out of his break.

I don't disagree. My post was more of an expression of how I feel in general than a reaction to that video.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:45 PM »
I don't disagree. My post was more an expression of how I feel in general and less of a reaction to that video. If it were just in reaction to that video, it would obviously be an overreaction.

I'll starting judging this pick in the preseason. 

It just gets old seeing beat writers excrement on the kid because they have nothing else better to write about.  It's causes large groups of fans to become ill-informed and they're never going to give him a chance.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 09:27:49 PM »
It just gets old seeing beat writers excrement on the kid because they have nothing else better to write about.  It causes large groups of fans to become ill-informed and they're never going to give him a chance.

I can't defend the beat writers, but they were already ill-informed and they were never going to give him a chance.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2017, 10:36:12 PM »
This excrement really is stupid.

He's throwing passes to a some bum derriere 5'7 practice dummy that can't run a route to save his life.  We had a ton of tryout players there today.  Hack may have never thrown a pass to that dude in his life and people are up in arms about.  Whining that he missed a warmup throw in a drill is pointless. 

You can't display consistent accuracy throwing passes to new receivers on the first day of padless practice. 

I hate posting these links. I do. It sucks but we're going to hear about it one way or another. It really doesn't mean anything until we see him in a regular season game.

I'm just nowhere near as optimistic as anyone here. Haven't been since the draft pick, I've been pretty transparent about that.  Let's be honest, the only reason anyone here is defending him is because we are Jets fans and would like him to be good. He needs to be judged by his play on the (actual) field, but to this point in his career there have been no signs to warrant any type of speculation that he might an NFL QB.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:38:18 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »
S
 B
  T
   G

Preseason. Week 4. For all the marbles.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 07:48:43 AM »
He was the star of the first minicamp practice day.

Hope that didn't ruin Mehta's day

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2017, 07:55:31 AM »
He was the star of the first minicamp practice day.

Hope that didn't ruin Mehta's day

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/early-nitpick-jets-qb-christian-hackenberg-article-1.3244563

Two Hackenberg passes prompted plenty of chatter last week. Here’s the truth about the pair of “errant” throws that became water cooler talk:

1) A wide receiver slipped on his break on a corner route in passing drills as Hackenberg’s throw flew out of bounds and in the direction of media members lined up a few feet off the sideline. Conclusion: Not a big deal.

2) Hackenberg's pass in individual drills sailed over the shortest receiver on the roster at the time — 5-9 undrafted rookie Brisly Estime. Conclusion: Whoopty-freakin-do.

The sand badger strikes again

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 08:04:02 AM »
"Hackenberg throws nearly dropped pass that wasn't a perfect spiral. Ball's trajectory would have landed on the sideline chalk within 20 feet of the unsuspecting, innocent toes of the free press.  Hackenberg could potentially be classified as a terrorist.  Unsure if also a hate crime.  Press-shaming."

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
http://www.jetsinsider.com/three-points-mini-camp-day-1-of-3/

This is the report on Day 1 of the minicamp about Hacks progress

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
And this is the QB part of the report

Hackenberg continues strong performance

A receiver’s strong performance isn’t without one from a quarterback. Bowles is splitting snaps between Christian Hackenberg, Josh McCown, and Bryce Petty as he tries to figure out the depth chart for the three singal-callers. Hackenberg had one of his best performances during off-season practice. A majority of his passes were to receivers that ran short routes, which has been a struggle for him. However, fans wouldn’t know that by watching him during practice. Hackenberg was confident in his throws, he planted his feet to make more accurate passes, and receivers caught the ball, which boosts Hackenberg’s confidence even more. As it stands, McCown is projected to be the No. 1 quarterback heading into training camp, but Hackenberg and Petty are not far behind him.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
I hate posting these links. I do. It sucks but we're going to hear about it one way or another. It really doesn't mean anything until we see him in a regular season game.

I'm just nowhere near as optimistic as anyone here. Haven't been since the draft pick, I've been pretty transparent about that.  Let's be honest, the only reason anyone here is defending him is because we are Jets fans and would like him to be good. He needs to be judged by his play on the (actual) field, but to this point in his career there have been no signs to warrant any type of speculation that he might an NFL QB.

I did not like where they drafted him but I am no draft guru, so I am willing to give him a shot. I don't see it but stranger things have been known to happen to other teams, why not the Jets.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: