Author Topic: LOLCHIEFS  (Read 16267 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: LOLCHIEFS
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2021, 10:56:36 AM »
Fisher is likely out for most of the 2021 season with the Achilles injury he suffered in the playoffs.  They were going to have to replace him anyway. 

Sounds like they already have...with Lucas Niang
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 10:58:48 AM »
Fisher is likely out for most of the 2021 season with the Achilles injury he suffered in the playoffs.  They were going to have to replace him anyway. 

They're 100% the right moves

But the Chiefs got absolutely murdered because of problems with their line.

Obviously they're going to be better off having time to prepare for the departure of both OTs, but this is still the team best poised to win a SB so they're gonna have to get real creative.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade picks for someone solid on a rookie contract

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2021, 11:03:06 AM »
Duh stupid me

With negative 5 million in cap space after these two moves, and an early pick at #31, the Chiefs should easily be able to replace their starting left and right tackles, plus upgrade the rest of their offensive line

As our resident cap expert, you should know that any team can create cap space if they really want/need to.  Look at the Saints.  They will get below the cap and they were fucked beyond belief.  Trades can also happen.  Redoing Honey Badger's contract will free up a ton of money.  I suspect they will acquire 1 tackle through trade or free agency and go with the draft or their depth on the other spot.  They will have to do something because they looked terrible when Mahomes was getting pressured non-stop in the last playoff game.  Then again, Mahomes was slowed by injury, so that may have been some of it.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2021, 01:17:57 PM »
But the Chiefs got absolutely murdered because of problems with their line.

They went to the Super Bowl, man. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2021, 02:10:42 PM »
They went to the Super Bowl, man. 

Their LT tore his Achilles in the AFCCG

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2021, 02:31:34 PM »
My guess is the Chiefs heavily pursue Orlando Brown and since he's on a rookie deal an extension will have a minimal cap hit for this year

Whether the Ravens would trade him to the top dog in the AFC is a big TBD

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
They're 100% the right moves

I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade picks for someone solid on a rookie contract

Chuma Edoga is available for the right price KC
Need a new one for a new board...

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 03:41:43 PM »
RB Damien Williams released.  Opted out in 2020 (while his mom battled cancer); turns 29 in 2 weeks.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
2m
The Chiefs, I'm told, were in it to the end with 49ers LT Trent Williams, even after agreeing to a monster, 5-year, $80 million deal with G Joe Thuney. And they have ex-Bears Pro Bowler Kyle Long in for a visit today.

Andy Reid and Brett Veach AGGRESSIVELY addressing the line.

Did i miss something? are the Chiefs exempt from the salary cap?
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 09:26:05 AM »
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
2m
The Chiefs, I'm told, were in it to the end with 49ers LT Trent Williams, even after agreeing to a monster, 5-year, $80 million deal with G Joe Thuney. And they have ex-Bears Pro Bowler Kyle Long in for a visit today.

So what they actually do is sign the players in this dimension, but pay for the salary in another dimension using some of Andy Reid the Sorcerer Fatpreme's spells

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 09:28:31 AM »
So what they actually do is sign the players in this dimension, but pay for the salary in another dimension using some of Andy Reid the Sorcerer Fatpreme's spells

I think the Xmen did the same thing when they found Longshot in the Mojoverse.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
2m

You can always sign anyone.  They would have just given him a low salary with a high signing bonus and kicked the can down the road.  They are in Super Bowl contention mode.  They can always re-do contracts next year to open up space.  Sure, it'll bite them in the derriere one day, but they aren't near that point like the Saints are.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 09:35:12 AM »
You can always sign anyone.  They would have just given him a low salary with a high signing bonus and kicked the can down the road.  They are in Super Bowl contention mode.  They can always re-do contracts next year to open up space.  Sure, it'll bite them in the derriere one day, but they aren't near that point like the Saints are.

the salary cap is pretty useless if it allows  teams to circumvent it at will.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 09:37:51 AM »

Also salary cap space is pretty useless if it doesn't give you an advantage when pursuing free agents.

freak austerity for austerity's sake.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 09:43:40 AM »

All 32 teams have the same rules.  There are consequences to doing what the Saints did.  And if there weren't, they didn't do anything that other teams can't do.  You still have to balance the books at the end of the year.

I can't imagine what the Cowboys would do if there was no salary cap.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:54:23 AM by bojanglesman »

Tags: