Author Topic: Stephen King's 11.22.63 (Hulu Mini-Series)  (Read 5763 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Stephen King's 11.22.63 (Hulu Mini-Series)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
So you can't marathon through 3 seasons in one night? Too bad.
You're a smart guy, tommy...nothing gets by you.

There's nothing I love more than the taste of cum.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 02:08:49 PM »
The first episode was really good.  They've made some changes to the story, but it might be for the best.

There is no way they could pull off any of the It stuff.  That part of the book would probably confuse the hell out of people that haven't read any Stephen King too.

Going to watch tonight

I am excite

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:40 AM »
Saw a preview of this before Deadpool. Maybe I'll check it out once the whole thing is available.

I like Hulu more than Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'll be pissed if they remove next-day streaming though.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
Saw a preview of this before Deadpool. Maybe I'll check it out once the whole thing is available.

I like Hulu more than Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'll be pissed if they remove next-day streaming though.

Why not watch it week-to-week?  The first part was very good.  It's one of the better King stories, even if some changes will have to be made.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 12:33:59 PM »
Why not watch it week-to-week?  The first part was very good.  It's one of the better King stories, even if some changes will have to be made.

As with everything else I manage to watch the big issue is time. I'm still only 4 episodes into last year's Penny Dreadful and I've had almost a year to see that. My wife and I tried to watch Penny Dreadful Friday night and wound up passing out midway through the episode.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
I like James Franco but his over-acting is noticeable here.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 11:55:05 PM »
Second episode was really good.

Some pretty big changes though...

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »
They're really focusing more on the "history doesn't like to be changed" rather than the whole time travel part that made the book good.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 12:10:23 AM »
They're really focusing more on the "history doesn't like to be changed" rather than the whole time travel part that made the book good.

What do you mean?  That kind of stuff did happen in the book. 

If they did any of the It stuff, it would confuse a lot of people that haven't read any King stuff or 11/22/63.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 12:12:20 AM »

What do you mean?  That kind of stuff did happen in the book. 

If they did any of the It stuff, it would confuse a lot of people.

It did happen but not to this extent. The first episode was filled with it. It was only until he was close to actually changing the past did forces try to stop him. Most of the book was about him living his life in the late 50s/early 60s.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 12:26:30 AM »
It did happen but not to this extent. The first episode was filled with it. It was only until he was close to actually changing the past did forces try to stop him. Most of the book was about him living his life in the late 50s/early 60s.

Bad excrement happened though.  I read it a few years ago, but I remember a lot of obstacles getting in Jake's way when he tried to save Sadie from her husband.

Like in the book though, It was clearly a presence in the story.  He even spoke with Ritchie and Beverley and something was killing children there.  It possessed Frank Dunning and Lee Harvey Oswald.  That would be really hard to explain to people that haven't read a lot of King, so I think they've replaced it with a malevolent past. 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »
Bad excrement happened though.  I read it a few years ago, but I remember a lot of obstacles getting in Jake's way when he tried to save Sadie from her husband.

Like in the book though, It was clearly a presence in the story.  He even spoke with Ritchie and Beverley and something was killing children there.  It possessed Frank Dunning and Lee Harvey Oswald.  That would be really hard to explain to people that haven't read a lot of King, so I think they've replaced it with a malevolent past. 

Yeah, I guess. I just wish it wasn't so over-the-top. The scene where he almost got hit by a car and the dying woman said "You shouldn't be here" sort of killed it for me.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 11:53:52 AM »
Yeah, I guess. I just wish it wasn't so over-the-top. The scene where he almost got hit by a car and the dying woman said "You shouldn't be here" sort of killed it for me.

Not the part where he walked into a closet and transported back to 1960? 

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »

Not the part where he walked into a closet and transported back to 1960?

Time travel is one of my favorite genres. I can suspend disbelief to a certain extent. Then again it would be pretty boring to just watch him live in the early 60s for a few years, teach English, and stakeout Oswald.
"Wrong!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 10:54:36 PM »
This is very good in stretches.  It's far from perfect, but definitely has its moments. 

The Oswald casting is perfect.  And Josh Duhamel was surprisingly good in a small role. 

Tags: bo is a chomo