Author Topic: Week 14: MVP of the Game  (Read 3989 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Week 14: MVP of the Game
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 11:44:04 AM »
There are always arguments when it comes to MVP awards. In sports the year's MVP is generally the guy with the most dominant performance, but I've always argued that it should be a guy who is more valuable to his team than any other player is to his own.

In the case of these threads, I just interpret it as: the most deciding factor in the game that week.

FWIW, the Jets postgame picked Marshall for this week's MVP of the game.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 11:48:04 AM »
There are always arguments when it comes to MVP awards. In sports the year's MVP is generally the guy with the most dominant performance, but I've always argued that it should be a guy who is more valuable to his team than any other player is to his own.

In the case of these threads, I just interpret it as: the most deciding factor in the game that week.

I don't care who you pick,  just pick one person. Or just call it the top players thread.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
I think I'm the only one annoyed that this is an MVP thread with people listing multiple players. If there's more than one, neither can be the most valuable.

Cue Puck listing the entire roster...

Quigley dick.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »

Saw that and didn't get it. The one big play pumped up his numbers but Decker was more of a go-to guy throughout the game, Ivory was a workhorse, Fitz was on point.

I'd have to go with Wilkerson, pay the man.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
I don't care who you pick,  just pick one person. Or just call it the top players thread.

I settled for one entity: the offensive line.

Saw that and didn't get it. The one big play pumped up his numbers but Decker was more of a go-to guy throughout the game, Ivory was a workhorse, Fitz was on point.

I'd have to go with Wilkerson, pay the man.

Individually, Wilkerson had the most dominant game of any player on the Jets. Marshall got the postgame award for having yet another 100 yard day. He's unlike any receiver we've had in decades, if ever.

Also, Decker is awesome.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 02:33:29 PM »
I settled for one entity: the offensive line.

The offense is an entity.  So is the whole team for that matter. The most valuable player is the entire team?

Most Valuable P....... art of the team?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 03:16:53 PM »
The offense is an entity.  So is the whole team for that matter. The most valuable player is the entire team?

No...Most Valuable P....art of the win.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
No...Most Valuable P....art of the win.
True

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »

Most Valuable Gords

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »
I think I'm the only one annoyed that this is an MVP thread with people listing multiple players. If there's more than one, neither can be the most valuable.

Cue Puck listing the entire roster...

I usually post three so you guys can choose, but also in order of who I considered the best. I think that helps the debate, but I can just choose one if you want.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
I usually post three so you guys can choose, but also in order of who I considered the best. I think that helps the debate, but I can just choose one if you want.

MVP could just as easily mean Most Valuable Players, I'm not sure why it bugs Bo but I'm amused that it took this to annoy the otherwise most chilled man on the board, so you should keep doing it as you are.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »
MVP could just as easily mean Most Valuable Players, I'm not sure why it bugs Bo but I'm amused that it took this to annoy the otherwise most chilled man on the board, so you should keep doing it as you are.
I don't know either.  I'm weird.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 05:43:59 AM »
I don't know either.  I'm weird.

Generally after an MVP is announced, they tell you the voting order, IE who was 2nd, 3rd etc.

I just consider it the same thing, #1 is my MVP, 2 and 3 are my also rans who deserve recognition, but weren't good enough to win the award.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »
In fairness to Puck, he's used to having three stars of the game so it's hard for him to choose just one.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »
1. Phuck You
2. Faggots
3. Suck a Dick
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: