The Rest Of The Sports World > You Don't Know Football

LOL NFL

(1/118) > >>

Miamipuck:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cameron-heyward-eye-black-father-cancer_56278962e4b02f6a900eb0f3?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

--- Quote ---       
*    Cameron Heyward Cuts Deal With NFL Over Eye Black Cancer Tribute Heyward said he plans to honor his late father "in other ways."     
*        Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Cameron Heyward announced on Twitter Tuesday night that he would no longer be wearing the eye black with the tribute message "Iron Head" during games after cutting a deal with the NFL. Heyward had been honoring his late father Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, who played in the NFL for 11 seasons. He died following a battle with bone cancer in 2006.
The defensive end first donned the eye black during the Steelers' Week 5 game against the San Diego Chargers, and again during their Week 6 game against the Arizona Cardinals. For his desire to honor his father, Heyward was fined $5,787 for the first uniform violation and was facing a $11,576 fine for his second "offense."
To mitigate the public backlash the NFL has received for punishing him, Heyward met with league officials on Tuesday. To close the controversy, Heyward and the league agreed that the second fine would be significantly reduced as long as Heyward stopped putting "Iron Head" on his eye black, according to ESPN. [/l][/l]
--- End quote ---
[/list]

Heismanberg:
Goodell needs to kill himself over this stuff.

Johnny English:
I dunno, I get where they're coming from. They can't allow some eyeblack messages and not others.

bojanglesman:
I see what the NFL is trying to do.  It's not so much what this guy is doing, more so what it leads to others doing down the road.

Next thing you know, players are putting all kinds of excrement all over themselves and their uniform.

AlioTheFool:

--- Quote from: Heismanberg on October 21, 2015, 10:28:46 AM ---Goodell needs to kill himself over this stuff.

--- End quote ---

While I don't do the "kill yourself" thing, I think Goodell is out of his mind at this point. "We'll let you wear pink gloves and shoes to show we love titties, but you can't honor your father's fight with cancer because reasons."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version