Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 365704 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Video Games
« Reply #2745 on: June 24, 2020, 08:04:57 PM »
Anyone playing The Last of Us 2?

gat dayum

It's in the queue. I'm going to be avoiding this thread for a while now.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2746 on: June 25, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
My son's been playing Last of Us 2 since release day. That game is crazy.

I've been playing Jedi Fallen Order for a few weeks now. The gameplay is really good. So far, the story is average. I like Cameron Monaghan as the protagonist. Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Except trying to follow the map. The map is garbage.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2747 on: June 25, 2020, 02:11:02 PM »

I've been playing Jedi Fallen Order for a few weeks now. The gameplay is really good. So far, the story is average. I like Cameron Monaghan as the protagonist. Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Except trying to follow the map. The map is garbage.

Fallen Order is high on my list of games I want to play. Might be the first full run out for my gaming PC.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #2748 on: June 25, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
The first twist.... I understood it, but I don’t have to like it.

Watched some gameplay to see if I should buy it. After seeing this, I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. That pu me totally off and I'd hate to play it further.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2749 on: June 25, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
The first twist.... I understood it, but I don’t have to like it.

I actually didn't understand it.  I thought it could've been done much different or much later in the story. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2750 on: June 25, 2020, 04:45:02 PM »
OK, I’m only budgeted for one game for the rest of the month and I really want a fighter. Dragon Ball FighterZ or Mortal Kombat 11?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2751 on: June 25, 2020, 05:02:45 PM »
OK, I’m only budgeted for one game for the rest of the month and I really want a fighter. Dragon Ball FighterZ or Mortal Kombat 11?

Liu Kang bicycle kick gets my vote
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2752 on: June 25, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »

Injustice: Gods Among Us is free on Steam, PS4 and XBox until midnight tonight. I added to my PC library, I haven't played yet but it's a fighter using DC Superheroes.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/grab-this-free-game-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-steam-for-/1100-6478821/

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2753 on: June 25, 2020, 05:21:03 PM »
Injustice: Gods Among Us is free on Steam, PS4 and XBox until midnight tonight. I added to my PC library, I haven't played yet but it's a fighter using DC Superheroes.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/grab-this-free-game-on-ps4-xbox-one-and-steam-for-/1100-6478821/

I am now budgeted for two games.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2754 on: June 25, 2020, 05:38:02 PM »
It appears this deal has already ended, but the upgraded edition is only $20.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2755 on: June 25, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »

More money left over for Dude Wipes
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2756 on: June 25, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »

Still free on Steam.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2757 on: June 25, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »

The map is the reason I stopped playing it. What the freak.

I finally started South Park: Fractured But Whole. Perfect for what I needed right now.

I really enjoy MK11, but the add-ons are obnoxious.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2758 on: June 25, 2020, 10:29:57 PM »
I actually didn't understand it.  I thought it could've been done much different or much later in the story. 

That I completely agree with. It was, but wasn’t particularly impactful at the point it occurred. In fact the anger induced doesn’t hold up over the length of the story IMO, as it would have later on.

But I just meant I understood the need for this twist to happen at some point. I love NDs storytelling and in this instance I don’t think I’m fully on board with their decisions with this game. But damn it’s still compelling.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2759 on: June 25, 2020, 11:43:25 PM »
The map is the reason I stopped playing it. What the freak.

I finally started South Park: Fractured But Whole. Perfect for what I needed right now.

I really enjoy MK11, but the add-ons are obnoxious.

The South Park RPGs are great. I was pissed when I was working at Bethesda and they decided not to buy Obsidian who then immediately picked up Stick of Truth. Mother fuckers.