Author Topic: Growing up Smunt  (Read 180837 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Growing up Smunt
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »
Just thought it needed to be pointed out that a second year player is still in a single read offense

He has made plays going through progression, and from the pocket this year.  The problem I am struggling with is the decision making while scrambling, and ball placement.  JMO.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2014, 11:28:52 PM »
Could be worse.  Could be Brady.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:32 PM »
It's frustrating watch the offense stink, but then the secondary be almost as bad.

2012 was horrible, this is pretty similar.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2014, 06:45:05 AM »
It's frustrating watch the offense stink, but then the secondary be almost as bad.

2012 was horrible, this is pretty similar.

2012 was far worse at this point because we had already lost Revis and Holmes.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2014, 07:36:08 AM »
The AFC East hasn't been this ripe for the taking since Pollard ended Brady's season in 2008.  I wish we had a starting QB.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
The AFC East hasn't been this ripe for the taking since Pollard ended Brady's season in 2008.  I wish we had a starting QB.

This is the must infuriating part of it all - I know it has been said over and over but we are weak in the same places that we have been forever now. If we had a compentent QB and a decent receiver this division would be ours. 
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »
Last night's game pushes me far more into the "start Vick" camp, or at least massively reduces the length of the leash that I would have Geno on. With the Patriots looking like they're in rapid decline and the division wide open, "win now" makes a lot of sense.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #368 on: September 30, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
Last night's game pushes me far more into the "start Vick" camp, or at least massively reduces the length of the leash that I would have Geno on. With the Patriots looking like they're in rapid decline and the division wide open, "win now" makes a lot of sense.

+1
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »
I think he gets the next two games against San Diego and Denver...

The crowd will go berserk if Smith is struggling against the Broncos. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
Geo Blacco?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2014, 10:56:46 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/43920/who-makes-qb-decision-its-complicated-and-it-shouldnt-be

Not sure how much of this is Cimini stirring up excrement and how much is real, but if there's truth to it it's concerning and another black mark against Idzik, IMO. Roster decisions should be his, not gameday selections.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
I'm of two minds on the "team decision" thing:

1) As the media would like us to believe, Rex is basically a lame duck being forced by Idzik to start his prized draft pick.

2) This is truly a team decision, between Rex, Marty, and Idzik. Geno is who all three view as the future, and all are willing to take whatever growing pains come with continuing to leave him under center.

My leaning is the latter. Between Marty's quotes regarding growing pains, Rex's brutal honesty, and Idzik's repeated insistence that Rex and him are on the same page, I find it hard to believe that the entire management of the organization isn't fully on board with Geno and on the same page.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »

1) As the media would like us to believe, Rex is basically a lame duck being forced by Idzik to start his prized draft pick.

2) This is truly a team decision, between Rex, Marty, and Idzik. Geno is who all three view as the future, and all are willing to take whatever growing pains come with continuing to leave him under center.

My leaning is the latter. Between Marty's quotes regarding growing pains, Rex's brutal honesty, and Idzik's repeated insistence that Rex and him are on the same page, I find it hard to believe that the entire management of the organization isn't fully on board with Geno and on the same page.

That argument held more water while the division was assumed to be out of reach.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »

I agree with this. I'm sure they are weighing their options, but Geno has been taking the snaps all spring and summer with the 1s, they've moved the ball well at times, I just don't know that you disrupt everything that drastically and create a media frenzy right now. If we're not able to move the ball then you have to make a switch, but we drive down the field and make a mistake, who is to say Vick won't do the same thing? There may come a time, maybe soon, where you need to do it, but going into this game I don't think is that time. Rex and whoever else may have all had that conversation and reached this conclusion.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.