Author Topic: Introductory Press Conference with Maccagnan and Bowles  (Read 11437 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Introductory Press Conference with Maccagnan and Bowles
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 11:45:03 PM »

I'd hate to see what you're like when you give in to pessimism.

I think you recently did. Watching this franchise self destruct again after being in such a promising place was very disappointing. Doesn't mean it's over, it means I'm pissed off. Having Rex stay in our division really didn't help that, that pisses me off too, like Pennington in Miami and Revis in New England. Watching Revis in the Super Bowl with the Patriots pisses me off, like watching Riggins win a Super Bowl with Washington and Keyshawn win one with Tampa Bay after we decided not to pay them. It's not even like we haven't had quality people come here, it's that we always manage to have to cut ties for one reason or another and wind up on the short end.

At what point is not a long term pattern of bullshit? I'm glad we hired people, we have to see what they do. And again I hope for two things, #1 that they got this one right and #2 if they did they stick with it long enough for it to work.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

WD40

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2015, 07:42:52 AM »
It's hard to tell what any new crew will do, on words alone.  I liked what they had to say, but excrement ... I liked what Terry Bradway had to say in his introductory press conference with Herman Edwards.  It was all about "We're going to build through the draft, focus will be on offense, etc ..."  (I'm paraphrasing of course)

But actions speak louder than words, and it was evident in less than a year that Bradway was warmed over hot garbage.  Christ, I still get angry about the Sam Cowart over James Farrior inanity.  Even his first draft - 2001, which I liked  - had the silliness of a giving a 4th rounder to Minnesota to swap spots in the first round.  Bradway's terrible decision making put this franchise back at least five years.

Anyway, the one thing Maccagnan has going for him ... his initial actions are promising.  He canned Bradway and for that he'll always be good people in my book.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
It's hard to tell what any new crew will do, on words alone.  I liked what they had to say, but excrement ... I liked what Terry Bradway had to say in his introductory press conference with Herman Edwards.  It was all about "We're going to build through the draft, focus will be on offense, etc ..."  (I'm paraphrasing of course)

But actions speak louder than words, and it was evident in less than a year that Bradway was warmed over hot garbage.  Christ, I still get angry about the Sam Cowart over James Farrior inanity.  Even his first draft - 2001, which I liked  - had the silliness of a giving a 4th rounder to Minnesota to swap spots in the first round.  Bradway's terrible decision making put this franchise back at least five years.

Anyway, the one thing Maccagnan has going for him ... his initial actions are promising.  He canned Bradway and for that he'll always be good people in my book.

Welcome to the site man.  The Bradway hate is strong in this one............

Tags: jets maccagnan bowles