Author Topic: Ant-Man  (Read 5471 times)

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
Re: Ant-Man
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »
I think it will at least be funny. I can understand not wanting to pay to see it in theaters but I think you have to be trying to not have a good time to not get anything out of it.

The trailer had some amusing parts for sure.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 08:51:16 AM »
At this point I would rather watch Naked and Afraid.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
Looks like a highly entertaining yet crappy film. Not excited for it in the least but I'm almost obligated to see it because Marvel. Oh Edgar Wright, what could have been.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
I haven't yet found the superhero movie I can't get behind, but this might be my line. A guy who puts on a suit, becomes the size of an ant and then goes around kicking derriere? C'mon.
Gotta agree with this

It just looks pretty bad.

I think their biggest mistake was not incorporating antman into the overall marvel universe first through its other movies, thus making people interested in him.

Then eventually giving antman his own spinoff once established as a kind of cool character.

Ie if they made a Hawkeye or black widow movie 5 years ago I don't think anyone would have have a excrement (though they would've looked cooler than antman).

But after incorporating both of them into the avengers and making them interesting and have personality I'd totally be willing to see a spinoff of either of them.

And the weird thing is I'm pretty sure antman was in the avengers (not the movie but the comics/previous shows) so it would have been a perfect setup.

Nor to mention I thought antman was suooos to be a brilliant scientist or something. But from that trailer it  looks like instead he's some kind of criminal thief that gets let out of prison

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »

"The Story of Johnny English"

lololololol
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »

Nor to mention I thought antman was suooos to be a brilliant scientist or something. But from that trailer it  looks like instead he's some kind of criminal thief that gets let out of prison

You Don't Know Ant-Man

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 06:41:12 PM »
You Don't Know Ant-Man
Ant-Man was originally the superhero persona of Hank Pym, a brilliant scientist who invented a substance that allowed him to change his size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man

I didnt realize this wasnt about the real antman, its his successor or some excrement.

Which is weird because its the real antman (Pym) who created Ultron, the villain from the Avengers movie.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:43:08 PM by dcm1602 »

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »

I didnt realize this wasnt about the real antman, its his successor or some excrement.

Which is weird because its the real antman (Pym) who created Ultron, the villain from the Avengers movie.

Tony Stark is Ultron's creator in the MCU.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
Tony Stark is Ultron's creator in the MCU.
Figured they still would've involved antman on some level though

Guess not

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
Figured they still would've involved antman on some level though

Guess not

Hank Pym hadn't been introduced yet, would have confused casual marvel fans more then anything I think.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

Pym and Lang are both the real Ant-Man.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »
Dont ask me how but...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/21/joss-whedon-called-edgar-wrights-ant-man-the-best-script-marvel-ever-had

Avengers: Age of Ultron director Joss Whedon has opened up about Edgar Wright's departure from Ant-Man.

"Only that I don't get it," Whedon told BuzzFeed when asked for his thoughts. "I thought the script was not only the best script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel script I’d read. I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa."

I don’t know where things went wrong. But I was very sad," he said. "Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened."

This was Whedon's reaction just six weeks after Wright left, so it's not taking into account how the script or film has developed since then. One report cited the film's "core morality" and disputes over the inclusion of "franchise characters" as the reason for the split.

Basically it was supposed to be awesome, and now its going to Marvel's version of Green Lantern

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 06:44:39 PM »
This was awesome, a must watch for any fan of the MCU.

And bombshell refrences galore.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 07:51:31 PM »
A friend of mine saw it last night and said it was great. I really wanted this to suck as well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 11:40:20 PM »
A friend of mine saw it last night and said it was great. I really wanted this to suck as well.

Why did you want it to suck?  I thought it might, but I don't get wanting a movie to fail unless you don't like someone involved with it, and even then it's usually a safe bet.  The only person I actively root against who still makes good movies is Roman Polanski.  The Pianist winning Best Actor and Picture over Gangs of New York was like fuel on the fire, too.

Tags: