Author Topic: New Jersey Devils Thread  (Read 19268 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: New Jersey Devils Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2023, 05:57:43 PM »
Gallant has taken Lindy to the woodshed. He's made him his prag over the last week.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2023, 06:55:35 PM »
Gallant has taken Lindy to the woodshed. He's made him his prag over the last week.

If this ends in a sweep, I would be on board with firing Lindy. I didn't think he should have been retained for this year, and they hired Brunette as the essential coach-in-waiting.

Hard to fire a guy when you exceed expectations like this, but I'm fine making Lindy our Mark Jackson/Buck Showalter.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2023, 07:07:07 PM »
Ok but in all fairness mj Jack Hughes (who is awesome) & his linemates aren't getting help from NJ's secondary lines.

- Devils taking ill-advised penalties (NYR PP: Devils aren't denying Fox straight-on shots that Kreider's tipping in left & right)

- NYR 3rd and esp. their 4th lines are keeping the Devils from turning this into a free-wheeling skatefest (i.e. while the Rangers have 'wheels' imho the Devils enjoy the slight edge overall speed-wise).

misc:

Q: What do female New Jersey Devil fans use for 'safe sex'?

A: Bus shelters

: )

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2023, 09:59:31 PM »
Ok but in all fairness mj Jack Hughes (who is awesome) & his linemates aren't getting help from NJ's secondary lines.

- Devils taking ill-advised penalties (NYR PP: Devils aren't denying Fox straight-on shots that Kreider's tipping in left & right)

- NYR 3rd and esp. their 4th lines are keeping the Devils from turning this into a free-wheeling skatefest (i.e. while the Rangers have 'wheels' imho the Devils enjoy the slight edge overall speed-wise).

misc:

All of this is very true. Igor's made nice saves when he's had to as well, though he hasn't been overly tested either.

But that's what happens when you have a team that can't score if the high slot is clogged or they can't generate turnovers in the offensive or neutral zone. They can't generate anything when they're pushed along the boards, its been that way all year.

But as much as the Rangers have the clear experience edge, the special teams should not be this bad. Chris Kreider is a tremendous player who's always hurt the Devils, but he looks like freaking Ovechkin out there.

Lindy going to Brendan Smith in Game 2 and refusing to sit Miles Wood (I cannot WAIT until he fucks off in free agency) for Curtis Lazar has really hurt this team, but it doesn't matter when you have absolutely no answer as a staff to try and find a fast, young, high scoring core some space.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2023, 10:08:23 AM »
But as much as the Rangers have the clear experience edge, the special teams should not be this bad. Chris Kreider is a tremendous player who's always hurt the Devils, but he looks like freaking Ovechkin out there.

Lindy going to Brendan Smith in Game 2 and refusing to sit Miles Wood (I cannot WAIT until he fucks off in free agency)
good post ^
Kreider’s basket hanging and tipping in garbage goals.

Knock on Wood - love it.  He’s trash.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2023, 10:18:33 PM »
(⁠☞゚⁠∀゚⁠)⁠☞ AKIRA SCHMID ☜⁠ ⁠(⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2023, 11:20:37 PM »
(⁠☞゚⁠∀゚⁠)⁠☞ AKIRA SCHMID ☜⁠ ⁠(⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)
Good as he was, Igor was further tested as the ”land of the 8-letter alphabet” satans were the stronger finishers. 

For the NYR, again Igor was sharp….on tbe other hand the breadman’s (Panarin) shot was “garbage-meets-trash” accuracy-wise not to mention Patrick Kane overall sucking the big one as well…..inho..

That said, in addition, Igor was gooned up by NJD’s Meier…no call….while down the other end of the ice Panarin was being gooned-up as well (albeit the runt is stupidly reacted).  Long story short: NJ was awarded a 2-1 penalty advantage ehere it could’ve/ should’ve (could’ve been deserved a 2-man advantage for the good team).

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2023, 12:26:48 AM »
(⁠☞゚⁠∀゚⁠)⁠☞ AKIRA SCHMID ☜⁠ ⁠(⁠↼⁠_⁠↼⁠)
LFG. He's the starter until further notice. Still an extremely small sample, but if he can be the guy, that's basically the missing link.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2023, 07:24:04 AM »
And with the series now assured to go at least five games, we're rewarded with a draft night conflict.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2023, 02:58:21 PM »
And with the series now assured to go at least five games, we're rewarded with a draft night conflict.
Sounds like the best TV night of the year.

Hoping for a 5-0 road win to make it easy.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2023, 07:16:55 PM »

Sounds like the best TV night of the year.

Unless we trade 13 and the Devils lose.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:41 PM »

But what if we trade 13 for Patrick Mahomes and a 5th, and then the Devils win in 7?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2023, 08:46:34 PM »
The boys are back.

Schmid is great. Defense is playing great. Still need someone to step up on offense besides Jack though.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2023, 08:47:17 PM »

We traded 13 for 15 and a Devils win.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2023, 08:53:10 PM »
LFG

Game is getting the big screen treatment on thursday, draft is going to have to be relegated to the second tv.

Tags: devils