Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 353928 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #1305 on: July 13, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.amp.html?client=ms-android-verizon#

BLM can suck a big fat dick.

Harvard professor (who happens to be black, and a BLM sympathizer) did a  study to show the racial bias in police shootings. Results are police are... More likely to shoot a white person (I think it was 20%) than a black person.

They did find that non lethal rates were slightly higher for blacks 15-20% than whites however

Study is specific to NYC.

NYPD has had magnified history because of specific shootings/incidents but the amount of minority cops and general pluralism of New York City makes it a different standard. I get why people from New York generally roll their eyes at most racial discussions (I used to too), but the way much of the world works isn't as progressive as New York City. It's weird to see it first hand but it exists.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1306 on: July 13, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
Study is specific to NYC.

NYPD has had magnified history because of specific shootings/incidents but the amount of minority cops and general pluralism of New York City makes it a different standard. I get why people from New York generally roll their eyes at most racial discussions (I used to too), but the way much of the world works isn't as progressive as New York City. It's weird to see it first hand but it exists.

The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1307 on: July 13, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

ah. the graphic shows new york city specifically. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1308 on: July 13, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »
TMZ – Cleveland Browns player Isaiah Crowell’s apology for a tasteless social media attack on cops is falling on deaf ears — and in fact, police tell TMZ Sports … they’ll pull out of the Browns’ stadium in protest.

Crowell got blasted for posting an illustration last week of a cop getting his throat slashed by a masked person. He posted it on Wednesday — after Alton Sterling and Philando Castile’s deaths, but the day before 5 Dallas officers were shot and killed.
The running back deleted the post and the Browns demanded he publicly apologize, which he did.

But Stephen Loomis, President of Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, thinks the “store-bought apology” isn’t enough. “He needs to go to Dallas, help the families who lost their loved ones last week, write them a check, look them in the eyes and give a heartfelt apology.”

Loomis says Crowell’s post was as “offensive as putting a picture of historical African-American men being hung from a tree in the 60s.” He adds that if Crowell doesn’t go to Dallas and make a donation, “I will pull Cleveland officers, sheriffs, state troopers out of First Energy Stadium this season if he doesn’t make it right.”

As for Crowell admitting he was wrong and acted out of rage — Loomis says, “You’re a grown derriere man, and you claim you were too emotional to know it was wrong? Think we’ll accept your apology? Kiss my derriere.”

Kiss my derriere! (Tom Coughlin voice)
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1309 on: July 13, 2016, 01:12:24 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #1310 on: July 13, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »
freaking idiots

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1311 on: July 13, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
I'm glad that police chief didn't PC out on this one.  He needed to be held responsible for that excrement.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1312 on: July 13, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
The level of ignorance and stupidity going around right now is quite terrifying.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1313 on: July 13, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
Crowell should get his derriere cut...from the team.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1314 on: July 13, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association president Stephen Loomis said the CPPA accepts Isaiah Crowell's latest apology from Wednesday morning, and the police will not boycott Browns games this year.

Loomis is the one who called Crowell's initial apology "store bought" and threatened to have the police boycott all of the Browns' games this season as a result. On Wednesday, Crowell issued another apology, vowed to donate his Week 1 game check to the Dallas Fallen Officers Foundation, and connect with the police in the community. Crowell knows he made a mistake.

Still a freaking tool.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1315 on: July 13, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
Yeah theres no coming back from that.

And if the picture itself isn't the worst part but like how freaking retarded do you need to be to post something like that online and attach your name to it?

Like could he really not figure out that he would get an incredibly harsh response?

Hell the nfl should suspend him for that excrement. If a white player did the white equivalent he would almost certainly be cut , unless he played QB

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1316 on: July 13, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »
Crowell kind of sucks to begin with so this doesn't help.  I'm sure somebody will sign him in November, though.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1317 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:25 PM »
Crowell kind of sucks to begin with so this doesn't help.  I'm sure somebody will sign him in November, though.
unless I miss something he wasn't cut

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1318 on: July 13, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
Still a freaking tool.

What if he doesn't get a first game check? He's definitely a tool.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #1319 on: July 13, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »
LOL my brother in law just posted this.  He's been on a weird "post excrement from my childhood in Manhattan" kick.  I thought Family Matters was a little after his time.

https://www.facebook.com/FallenMarvel/videos/1033071433395399/

Grainier YouTube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DRoTHnt5Fg