Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 354105 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #3525 on: September 22, 2020, 05:34:51 PM »
So you're pro fire? Seriously, who does that help? Hasn't it been mostly black neighborhoods and businesses getting burned down in a lot of cities? I'm not even trying to start another argument, I just don't get how rational people support this.

No one here is pro fire.

Completely dismissing the anger of the black community over having black people murdered by the COPS is what started the protests. Continuing that dismissal is what leads to escalation in anger from the protestors.

You should be able to connect the dots on this one without someone explaining it to you.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3526 on: September 22, 2020, 05:36:08 PM »
No, I'm not pro-fire or pro-violence, but I understand why it's happening. 

I understand why it's happening too, I just think destroying people's stuff who didn't do anything makes everything worse. Also, it seems odd to me that in a lot of cases it's been educated, flabby white people causing a lot of the violence in black neighborhoods.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3527 on: September 22, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »
No one here is pro fire.

Completely dismissing the anger of the black community over having black people murdered by the COPS is what started the protests. Continuing that dismissal is what leads to escalation in anger from the protestors.

You should be able to connect the dots on this one without someone explaining it to you.

I'm not dismissing anything, I said fires won't accomplish anything and I'm right. Not really going out on a limb there.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3528 on: September 22, 2020, 05:39:29 PM »
I understand why it's happening too, I just think destroying people's stuff who didn't do anything makes everything worse.

What else do you propose the black community does when they are continually mistreated by the police and the justice system? Politely wave placards? Run for political office? Become POTUS? Because they've done all of those things and none of them seem to have worked.

White people are the majority and white people are the system and white people are the problem. You and I aren't killing black people and we aren't refusing to charge their killers and we aren't doing any of the other things that are direct problems, but we are benefiting from systems that were set up to benefit us and black communities are trying to draw our attention to that, because we are the ones who can fix it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3529 on: September 22, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
Become POTUS?

Don't you remember?  Seafood gave them Obama
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3530 on: September 22, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »
Also, here is why it's frustrating to talk about this stuff with you guys:

I get the feeling you're seeing what you want to see and not getting where I'm coming from.

you're continually stating that martin attacked him as the aggressor and claiming it to be fact. this is blatantly false and now indefensible after martin was murdered but you willingly choose to believe this is how things went to fit the narrative you would like to believe. you do not see this. you made a claim that martin was bigger than zimmerman to defend zimmerman's actions which is of course anything but fact, but keep claiming that you're stating the facts. i'm not going to break down the rest of your posts but they're all filled with your own takes of martin, assuming the worst of him and in a negative light, while claiming you're just here reporting facts. but i'm the one seeing what i want to see.

if i happen to have a gun on me and pick a fight with someone for no reason only to end up getting my derriere kicked, is it morally just of me to then shoot and kill that person? is that a morally just occurrence? are you really defending this? 

i'd be lying if i said i couldn't believe that you're minimizing what happened to martin as a 'dumb kid who did something dumb and ended up paying the price for it' while doing all you can to absolve and give a POS like zimmerman the benefit of the doubt for needlessly taking the life of somebody who had done nothing but buy some candy. but i CAN believe it; you've only ever been interested in your own incorrect views and perspective on things, even going so far as completely dismissing an entire life's worth of a black person's viewpoints and experiences simply because you choose not to believe such things exist.

we're seeing what you want to see, we get where you're coming from, you're not seeing or getting where you're coming from.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3531 on: September 22, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
What else do you propose the black community does when they are continually mistreated by the police and the justice system? Politely wave placards? Run for political office? Become POTUS? Because they've done all of those things and none of them seem to have worked.

there is no point in talking about any of that stuff, it doesn't exist in his mind. there is no point in talking about it

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3532 on: September 22, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »

White people are the majority and white people are the system and white people are the problem. You and I aren't killing black people and we aren't refusing to charge their killers and we aren't doing any of the other things that are direct problems, but we are benefiting from systems that were set up to benefit us and black communities are trying to draw our attention to that, because we are the ones who can fix it.

Again, there are and have been black people in the highest positions of power throughout our legal system, government, police forces, etc. Sorry, not buying that, you talk like it's 80s South Africa, it isn't. Burning down businesses or removing police doesn't help anything.

You're welcome.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3533 on: September 22, 2020, 05:48:55 PM »

i remember reading that and chose not to say anything but even that statement spoke volumes to a dileanation of power that IS just has no idea exists, or doesn't want to believe exists.

what does a statement like 'we gave you guys Obama' mean? who gave us Obama? would black people have any issues voting for an intelligent, well-spoken black candidate who had done enough in his career to merit a presidential candidacy? he implicitly admitted that the power to allow such things to occur laid directly in the hands of the white people that ended up voting for obama, or it otherwise wouldn't have been possible. but the thought of any sort of racial power structure in america is something that he blatantly refuses to believe in

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3534 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »
you're continually stating that martin attacked him as the aggressor and claiming it to be fact. this is blatantly false and now indefensible after martin was murdered but you willingly choose to believe this is how things went to fit the narrative you would like to believe. you do not see this. you made a claim that martin was bigger than zimmerman to defend zimmerman's actions which is of course anything but fact, but keep claiming that you're stating the facts. i'm not going to break down the rest of your posts but they're all filled with your own takes of martin, assuming the worst of him and in a negative light, while claiming you're just here reporting facts. but i'm the one seeing what i want to see.

if i happen to have a gun on me and pick a fight with someone for no reason only to end up getting my derriere kicked, is it morally just of me to then shoot and kill that person? is that a morally just occurrence? are you really defending this? 

i'd be lying if i said i couldn't believe that you're minimizing what happened to martin as a 'dumb kid who did something dumb and ended up paying the price for it' while doing all you can to absolve and give a POS like zimmerman the benefit of the doubt for needlessly taking the life of somebody who had done nothing but buy some candy. but i CAN believe it; you've only ever been interested in your own incorrect views and perspective on things, even going so far as completely dismissing an entire life's worth of a black person's viewpoints and experiences simply because you choose not to believe such things exist.

we're seeing what you want to see, we get where you're coming from, you're not seeing or getting where you're coming from.

It's almost like you haven't read a thing I've said, because you're continuing with your own narrative here. I didn't say any of that, it's all in the text, read it. Because you seem to care, I will now summarize for you in bullet points:

-Not defending Zimmerman
-Not blaming Martin
-Not interested in re-litigating who started the altercation

My whole reason for bringing up the case was that Obama and the media made an altercation between two people into a huge, divisive racial issue. Big enough that you and I are here discussing it eight years later, and it may or may not have had anything to do with race in the first place.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3535 on: September 22, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
I'm not pro fire, but I'm definitely anti-fire ants after this weekend.  I wasn't looking and stepped in a hill of them when I was fishing.  Those little fuckers ate my leg up.  I sprayed them with bug spray, they didn't seem to care.  I had to kill them all by hand on my leg because they were getting dangerously close to my nutsack.  I don't recommend it.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #3536 on: September 22, 2020, 05:59:59 PM »
It's almost like you haven't read a thing I've said, because you're continuing with your own narrative here. I didn't say any of that, it's all in the text, read it. Because you seem to care, I will now summarize for you in bullet points:

-Not defending Zimmerman
-Not blaming Martin
-Not interested in re-litigating who started the altercation

My whole reason for bringing up the case was that Obama and the media made an altercation between two people into a huge, divisive racial issue. Big enough that you and I are here discussing it eight years later, and it may or may not have had anything to do with race in the first place.

i'm going to ignore that you typed out those 3 bullet points because you've literally done the opposite of what you wrote after the 3 bullet points

you don't think a guy thinking that a tall black male wearing a hood walking around the neighborhood at night calling into the police that he thinks the hooded black male is on drugs or up to no good........has anything to do with race?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3537 on: September 22, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
i remember reading that and chose not to say anything but even that statement spoke volumes to a dileanation of power that IS just has no idea exists, or doesn't want to believe exists.

what does a statement like 'we gave you guys Obama' mean? who gave us Obama? would black people have any issues voting for an intelligent, well-spoken black candidate who had done enough in his career to merit a presidential candidacy? he implicitly admitted that the power to allow such things to occur laid directly in the hands of the white people that ended up voting for obama, or it otherwise wouldn't have been possible. but the thought of any sort of racial power structure in america is something that he blatantly refuses to believe in

Before we get off track on this one, that is Heismanberg, I never said "we gave you Obama", just like I never said "COVID is a hoax". But you guys sit here all day repeating this stuff until it becomes fact in your own minds.

My generation is one that helped get us from the Civil Rights era to Obama, by not obsessing on race, that's what I said. It wasn't power in the hands of white people, it was a nation more interested in what a person can do rather than what color they are. That created a culture where the best person could win, regardless of race.

Young people now are preoccupied with race and taking us back in the wrong direction, is also what I said. I mean argue with me all you want but at least get the excrement I'm saying right. 

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3538 on: September 22, 2020, 06:04:34 PM »
i'm going to ignore that you typed out those 3 bullet points because you've literally done the opposite of what you wrote after the 3 bullet points

you don't think a guy thinking that a tall black male wearing a hood walking around the neighborhood at night calling into the police that he thinks the hooded black male is on drugs or up to no good........has anything to do with race?

It might, I'm not inside the guy's head. Not going to pretend I remember all the details either, they might have known each other before that, they lived in the same neighborhood, I believe. I'm not jumping to that conclusion nor dismissing it, not even anything to do with my point.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3539 on: September 22, 2020, 06:31:20 PM »
I’m pretty sure you said that you gave us Obama and MLK Day.

If I’m wrong, my bad.

(Update:  I'm not wrong)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:35:24 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away