Author Topic: 2014-2015 NHL thread  (Read 68454 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: 2014-2015 NHL thread
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
Agreed, but look at the coaches who have come through under Babcock. He gets a lot of credit for Detroit's success, and his game day coaching is superb.
I've got Jack freaking Capuano as a coach. Mike Babcock might as well be Jack Adams as far as I'm concerned.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
I've got Jack freaking Capuano as a coach. Mike Babcock might as well be Jack Adams as far as I'm concerned.

I'm happy with Maurice at a reasonable salary. 

Babcock is legit, but not at that price.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #437 on: May 20, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
I'm happy with Maurice at a reasonable salary. 

Babcock is legit, but not at that price.
Oh. That contract is absurb.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #438 on: May 20, 2015, 04:50:51 PM »
He's a great coach but that roster has to be blown up. Kessel to me is a Gaborik like player without the defensive prowess. Meaning hes going to have to play on a team that has really good players and his lazy self absorbed self can play a complimentary part.  I want to make clear Gaborik is not lazy at all, just that he isnt a guy alone that would win a cup, but on a LA type team fuhgedaboudit. Kessel I think can be similar in that respect but Gaborik is fifty times the teamate and all around player to be clear.

Also, his partner in crime Van Riemsdyk is another Douchebag. I read where those two morons were the root cause of the US team losing in the Olympics. They completely ruined that team.

Then there's Phaneuf and his contract, which is shtty by any metric. Not the of which he isnt very good.

There's a ton of work to be done there. If I was him gut the roster and do it like JE says. The homegrown guys they have now are meh squared. I suppose this is a great draft to start the process.

He's got a fat, long contract's worth of time.  I don't think anyone expects a thing in the next few years.  I meant that if he brought a Cup to Toronto eventually he's a God.  It's like winning the Super Bowl as coach of the Jets only MUCH bigger.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #439 on: May 20, 2015, 05:05:37 PM »
He's got a fat, long contract's worth of time.  I don't think anyone expects a thing in the next few years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You really don't understand Toronto.

Trust me, they're going to be asking questions before the end of next season if it looks like the Leafs might not make the playoffs. I have never seen an environment like this surrounding any team in any sport anywhere. The expectation is ridiculous.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #440 on: May 20, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You really don't understand Toronto.

Trust me, they're going to be asking questions before the end of next season if it looks like the Leafs might not make the playoffs. I have never seen an environment like this surrounding any team in any sport anywhere. The expectation is ridiculous.

Ok, but still

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2015, 09:38:24 AM »
Apparently the Sabres thought they had Babcock locked up, and went as far as scheduling a news conference 2 days ago.  lol

The Sabres offered the same money that Toronto signed Babcock for.

Buffalo got Antoine Winfield'd.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »
QUACK

Reilly was angry they couldn't hit an empty netter.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #443 on: May 22, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter