Author Topic: Kaep signs extension with the Niners  (Read 4975 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Kaep signs extension with the Niners
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 08:32:34 PM »
Kaep has arguably the best physical skillset of any quarterback in the league, has already been to one Super Bowl (two NFC championship games), and he's only 26. It's also essentially a year-to-year deal, so I can't see anything wrong with this contract.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:37:37 PM by Andrew Ryan »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
Kaep has arguably the best physical skillset of any quarterback in the league, has already been to a Super Bowl, and he's only 26. Can't see anything wrong with this deal.

Lots of guys have ultra elite physical skillsets and dont end up being good. Gholston comes to mind, and the QB is far more cerebral than any other position.

Id bet against a running QB all day long

Not to mention well have to see how he looks when he doesnt have an elite defense, elite OL, Davis, and Crabtree.

Kaep will never be a guy that can carry a trash team like Rodgers/Peyton/Brady could

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:17 PM »
I completely disagree with everything that you just said. This isn't a case of betting on upside. Kaepernick has already proven that he's good. He's been to back-to-back NFC championship games and a Super Bowl, has never had lower than a 2:1 touchdown to interception ratio, and has the ability to dominate with both his arm and his legs.

What evidence do you have to support your insinuation that Kaepernick isn't cerebral or is incapable of mastering the mental part of the game? He's been great ever since he took over as the starter in San Fran and he's paired with arguably the premiere quarterback coach in the league.

Knocking Kaepernick because of his supporting cast isn't fair, either. Should we question Peyton Manning because he's had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark to throw to (or now Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, and Julius Thomas) or Tom Brady because he's gotten to throw to Randy Moss and Rob Gronkowski?

Holding the fact that Kaepernick has the ability to make plays with his legs against him is completely asinine. Aaron Rodgers (whom you mentioned), Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson all have the ability to make plays with their legs and are also great throwers. This makes them more dynamic, not worse quarterbacks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:51:04 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 02:09:07 AM »
Maybe DCM just doesn't like his face. To be honest, Kaep does have a punchable face.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 06:38:02 AM »
Maybe DCM just doesn't like his face. To be honest, Kaep does have a punchable face.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »

Every time I look at Kaep's face I think of a Guy Fawkes mask. Maybe it's his nose.

Tags: 49ers